Athletic Injuries in Queens: Foot and Ankle Care in New York
If you’re looking for the best possible sports injury treatment near Queens, NY take a quick commute to The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine in Midtown Manhattan, near Central Park. We bring you the same cutting-edge pain therapies and quick-healing technologies used to treat foot and ankle injuries in professional athletes.
We offer highly-effective injections of Platelet-Rich Plasma, the “go-to” cure for big name stars like Dwight Howard. We also treat patients with chronic overuse sports injuries with exciting new, clinically-proven, FDA-approved therapies like Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy, TENS, MLS laser, and MIX5 therapy laser.
We have a reputation for caring for athletes with complex medical issues and patients who have “tried it all,” but continue to suffer debilitating pain. Our top priority is to use the best tools at our disposal to ease your pain and tackle the underlying cause to prevent future issues.
Unlike other doctors, we won’t make you wait an hour then rush you through a 10 minute appointment only to send you on your way with unanswered questions. Dr. Josef Geldwert, Dr. Ryan Minara and Dr. Katherine Lai spend ample time getting to know each patient in order to develop a successful recovery plan tailored to the individual. We love answering patient questions and providing recommendations for:
- Footwear, socks and athletic equipment
- Custom orthotic shoe inserts
- Proper hygiene and foot care
- Sports injury prevention strategies
- At-home sports injury care
- Consumer goods for the foot and ankle
- Mental and emotional coping strategies
- Training schedule and physical therapy referral
- Air casts, walking boots, braces, splints and bandages
You’ll also find a wealth of information in our blog. Seeing a specialist at The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine is like having a personal trainer, coach and physical therapist all in one.
Experienced Queens Area Orthopedic Surgeons
We believe surgery should be a last resort but, should you need it, know that you are in good hands with our orthopedic surgeons near Queens NY. Dr. Josef J. Geldwert completed his education at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and Northlake College in Illinois, has nearly 40 years of surgery experience and is board-certified in foot and ankle surgery by:
- The American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- The American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- The American Society of Podiatric Surgeons
Our practice also features fellow graduates of the New York College of Podiatric Medicine Dr. Katherine Lai and Dr. Ryan Minara. Dr. Lai has more than 25 years of experience and is board-certified in foot and ankle surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. Ryan Minara has eight years of experience and is board-certified in foot and ankle surgery by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Here are a few of our professional associations:
- Medical director for local races like the NYC Triathlon and Hamptons Marathon
- Chief podiatrist for the Westchester Toughman Triathlon and NY Road Runners Club
- Team podiatrist for the NY Lizards
- Consulting podiatrist for the Newsweek Tennis Classic, NY Magic and NY Liberty
- Medical advisory committee member for the US Olympic Trials
Our foot doctors serve all of Queens NY, including: Astoria Heights 11378; Astoria 11102-11105; Jackson Heights 11370-11372; Long Island City 11101-11109; Jamaica 11405-11439; Rockaway Beach 11693; Flushing 11351-11390; and Queens Village 11427-11429 at our Manhattan location.