Larchmont Area Foot and Ankle Clinic
Expert podiatry and athletic services in nearby White Plains
If you’re looking for the best podiatry care Larchmont NY has to offer, try expanding your search to White Plains – less than 25 minutes away. The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine is worth the drive for Larchmont residents. We offer the most experienced foot doctors, the latest technology, and friendly service. We work with professional athletes, marathon runners, Olympic hopefuls and anyone seeking the best possible solutions for foot pain, a sports injury, foot trauma, bunion correction or disease management.
Does Your Larchmont Podiatrist Offer the Latest Technology?
Wherever you seek treatment for your foot problem, you want to know you have access to the best possible care. The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine has invested in the latest technology to provide the highest level of service for our patients. Here are just a few examples of how we’re using technology to improve outcomes:
- We break down scar tissue using ultrasound waves in a quick 20 minute procedure to more effectively repair damaged tendons.
- We use FDA-approved extracorporeal pulse activation therapy to stimulate the body’s natural healing in plantar fasciitis patients.
- We decrease inflammation and diminishing tendon, muscle, and joint pain using the non-invasive MLS laser, which has been backed by over 4,000 clinical studies.
- We offer the PinPointe footlaser to destroy toenail fungus.
- We facilitate active recoveries with CAM walking boots and hands-free crutches to speed recovery and minimize arthritis risk faster than stiff, immobilizing casts
- We treat sports injuries using Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections that get elite athletes like Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods back into the game quicker.
- We help runners improve their stride and prevent chronic overuse injuries using computerized pressure and gait analysis.
In addition to the neat gadgets we have on hand, our NYC podiatrists are also skilled in the latest procedures for bunion repair, diabetic wound treatment, chronic pain management, and more. We attend annual meetings and industry events and stay abreast of advances in podiatry to help our patients.
Who We Are
Our practice was founded by Dr. Josef Geldwert DPM, who has been a New York podiatrist for over three decades. He served as the Hamptons Marathon Medical Director, Team Podiatrist for the NY Lizards lacrosse team, and Chief of Podiatry for the New York Road Runners Club, among other associations. He is renowned for skilled diabetic foot care and correcting bunions.
Dr. Ryan Minara attended NYU on a full academic scholarship, earned his DPM from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and did his residency at the New York Hospital Queens. He is board certified by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and specializes in foot trauma and complex injuries.
Dr. Katherine Lai attended John Hopkins University, completed a residency at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and received her DPM from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, graduating cum laude. She is certified by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Dr. Lai specializes in diabetic foot wound care and holistic medicine.
We can handle most procedures in-office, but we also have privileges at Beth Israel, Mount Sinai, White Plains Hospital, and the Montefiore Medical Center. You can learn more about Dr. Geldwert, Dr. Minara and Dr. Lai on our Meet Our Doctors page.
Runners and Pro Athletes Choose The Center For Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine
Few, if any, Larchmont podiatry practices can boast the level of experience we have working with professional athletes and running groups. Here are some of our past and present associations:
- Team Podiatrist for the NY Lizards
- Consulting Podiatrist for the NY Magic
- Podiatric Consultant for the NY Liberty
- Medical Director for the Bridgehampton Half Marathon
- Medical Director for the Hamptons Marathon
- Podiatrist for the NYC Triathlon
- Chief Podiatrist for the Westchester Toughman Triathlon
- Podiatric Consultant for Women’s World Cup Soccer
- Chief of Podiatry for the NY Road Runners Club
- Consulting Podiatrist for the Central Park Track Club
- Consulting Podiatrist for the Newsweek Tennis Classic
- Consulting Podiatrist for the A&P Tennis Classic
- Medical Advisory Committee for the US Olympic Trials
If you are looking for Larchmont podiatry, choose our White Plains office
Our NYC podiatrists serve residents of Larchmont NY 10538.